5 Reasons Why it’s Important for Artists to Share Their Art Online since 2021
We are building an ARTISTS CITY — a one stop shop:
Why, as an Artist in 2021, is it important to share your art online?
I read somewhere that artists, as a collective group, are notoriously disorganised!
For me that was true! A few years ago I found a deceptively simple method, I now use on a daily basis to keep me on track….I call it my secret weapon!
This secret weapon may not be for you, it’s not for every artist. Many artists are quite content in their muddle and don’t want to be organised. And, hey, that is totally OK. I spent most of my time as a newbie artist in that state.
However, for those of you who have an overflow of inspirational ideas spilling out onto the studio floor…and if you sometimes find yourselves wishing you had better organisational and some business skills…then this is the solution you’ve been looking for.
As the founder and creative art director of ArterNet Art — Online Art Gallery — I want to share some insights with you.
My long-held dream was to share my business and organisational skills. Coming from a business background, that I’d honed over many years, and then transitioning myself as a textile/collage/mixed media artist, my main aim is to help artists who struggle with these issues. My goal is to connect with artists who want to take their art business to the next level and more importantly, will do the work necessary to get there!
Here’s the thing; if you’re serious about being an artist in 2021 and you are not online, then do yourself a favour and make some moves to having some sort of online presence.
For some artists this is a scary prospect, which I understand and for some it can be a daunting task, but by joining a community of like-minded, spirited artists it is a great first step.
We have discovered a large number of talented artists DON’T have an online presence, or at best, rely on their bricks and mortar gallery owners to promote them! We all know what happened during the Covid lockdowns. This avenue ceased to exist!
There is a gaping hole and a disconnect out there — which we at ArterNet Art want to plug.
Our research also revealed some historical myths!
- Nobody buys art online! (Quite a few artists told me this!) A Google search of online art sales: the figures will render you speechless! According to the source, global online art sales amounted to approximately 4.82 billion U.S. dollars in 2019, up by four percent over the previous year. Online art sales are forecast to increase to a total of 9.32 billion U.S. dollars by 2024.
- Being online doesn’t work for me, takes too long and is complicated! I’ve tried it before.. This is one of the main issues/myths we want to address at ArterNet Art.
My vision was to create a meeting place where artists would come together,
to build an ARTISTS CITY — a one stop shop:
· To collaborate with other professional artists.
· To partner with us and our members.
· To share their successes
· To mentor emerging artists
· To bring their tutoring classes
· To bring their art residencies and art retreats
· To exhibit their art on their own pages, as they would in an art gallery.
ArterNet Art — Online Art Gallery — is a platform
built by artists — for artists — funded by artists.
As I said at the beginning, we are not for all artists, but if you have a willingness to adapt your art practice , we’re offering a business/structure style of online gallery, so you can accomplish your ambitions.
We will provide the tools, such as simple ‘How To Pages’ showing you ways to improve your social media marketing skills. Here is one example:
· Post your art onto Instagram, link back to your art page at ArterNet Art — where your buyer can buy with one click!
Be in business for yourself — but not by yourself.
We are different to other online art galleries on so many levels, the most important being:
· We don’t charge commission on the sale of your artwork. Instead we’ve opted for a monthly subscription. Consider this a monthly rental for your own personal art gallery! For around $1.00 per day.
Here are the 5 reasons why you need to be Online in 2021
1. Most important is community: being an artist can be lonely and isolating; our core mission is to build a thriving community of artists supporting each other and celebrating everyone’s successes along the way.
2. A once in a lifetime opportunity to become a ‘Founding ArterNet Art Member’ a ‘FAM’.
When you register with us, I will share my simple ‘Secret Weapon’ for organising your art practice “How to Set-Up Your Daily Method of Operation” Your personal DMO. Start today with this simple daily habit to get your art practice in order.
3. More art collectors, art buyers, interior designers are buying online than ever before. And we know how to reach them!
4. We have built our platform with beginner artists right through to professionals in mind. Keeping it simple, we are here to guide you every step of the way.
5. An important point to remember is how much pleasure your art can bring to people and also remember you have worked hard and your art deserves the best the internet has to offer!
Averil Noeline Stuart
Founder and CEO